Monday, June 02, 2008

Teeing in the Potty

Last weekend Bowen suddenly decided he wanted to "tee" on the potty. We sat him on the potty, he went and I thought "that was a fluke, he won't do it again". Boy, was I wrong, he tee teed on the potty all weekend! We kept him in a pull-up, but every time he asked to go we took him and did it! We are SO proud and I'm jumping for joy because I don't have to actually teach him to use the potty. I REALLY dislike potty training, I don't quite have the depth of patience it takes to do it without getting frustrated. Bowen even peed in the grass when we were out in the backyard playing!

Here's a funny story: The evening of the blog fight between me and Jonathan, I had called and left him a message asking him where the camcorder charger was. Well, about 2 minutes later, the house phone rang and I picked it up (we don't have caller ID) and a male said "Heather" and I shouted WHAT?! in the meanest voice I could muster. The voice said "this is ____ _______" MY PRINCIPAL!!!!!!! I backpedaled as quickly as I could stating that I had just had an argument with Jonathan and I thought it was him. It was SO embarrassing and SO funny at the same time!

The other funny story is from Saturday. I took the kids to the Y to swim, well our Y pool was closed for repairs so I took them to the one a little farther away but it has a cool water park. We got there and had been playing for about 15 minutes when the lifeguards started blowing whistles and telling people to get out of the water. I was wondering why, when I saw a large turd floating in the water. Someone tell me how a turd escapes a swimsuit? I mean girl suits are tight and boy suits have the liner in them, someone had to have pooped it and then set it free. We left shortly after because they weren't going to let people back in the pool for an hour.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay for Bowen! That's awesome that he asked to do it on his own. Even better for you!

Anonymous said...

Heather also need to blog about Johnny ray jr. for his performance right before we went to my end of year teacher appreciation dinner.

Anonymous said...

GO BOWEN!!! Maybe he tee tees in the potty and poops in the pool?

robin said...

Who ever said summers weren't eventful!

Yeah Bowen! Way to go buddy!

robin said...

BTW Like the new look!

Shauna said...

I like the new look too...hmmm Heather...wherever did it come from????????????/