Saturday, June 21, 2008

Babysitting Blake

For 6 months Jonathan and I have looked forward to the day when we would get to babysit Blake and teach her some important things about life... Well about ten minutes into the sitting we noticed she had scooted out of sight..... :(




We found her on our bed reading Twilight


(if you don't know what this book is go get it it's fabulous)
So we brought her back into the living room to watch baby einstein


and as I was getting the movie out I turned around and.......

She had found my Ipod and was jamming out to some Busta Rhymes!!! By this time Jonathan and I became a little concerned of her behavior, taking off without telling us.. her choice in music on the Ipod....very, very concerning! Jonathan suggested we give her something to eat a healthy light bedtime snack. So I pulled her up to the table to feed her in the high chair, I left for maybe 5 seconds, I heard Jonathan let out a small yelp of concern I turned around to go to her thinking she might be falling out of the high chair and........

She had pulled a Diet coke from the table and a bagel from a bagel bag and had already started munching!!!! So we got her fed finally and evidently she wanted more because she scooted over to the fridge and proceeded to open it up and get the milk out...unbelievable!!!

Well needless to say I need to clean her bottle out and clean up our kitchen!! As I was washing out her bottle I heard a small squeaking sound followed by another squeaking sound when I finally got curious I turned around and what in the world......
Blake had made stairs out of the drawers on the kitchen cabinet and had climbed up onto the counter and had opened a bag of M&M's and had probably already eaten half of the bag....What in the world is going on with this kid??? Finally we had had just about enough and I told Jonathan maybe we should just give her a bath and see if she would want to take a nap. So we went into the bathroom and I started filling up the tub...Splash ... Splash ... I really paid no mind due to the water running and such but then I realized the splash was coming from behind me....
I turned around and Blake was half in and half out of the potty!!! It was at this point we decided to stop taking pictures of what we are pretty sure CPS will get a call on!!

WE LOVE BLAKE!!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funniest thing I've read in a long time! That Blake - who knew she would behave so poorly. I'd think twice about keeping her again.

suetmom said...

I knew that girl was not to be trusted...saw that today when we were at Mi Cocina and she tried to drink the salsa. What a great blog! I know her Mom and Dad will be so proud.

Holly Grant said...

I worked for Dallas Co. CPS for two years before moving to Georgia. The Diet Coke and bagel really sent me over the edge. I've removed kids for much less... Seriously though, very funny post. The "stairs made out of drawers" mental image made me laugh.

The Duddington Family said...

Too funny. I truly enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of your fun pictures of course. ~Jenn