Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hot Fun in the Summertime!

Since the weather is getting warmer, Shauna decided I needed a new look for my blog! I absolutely LOVE it, it fits my summertime mood perfectly, thanks Shauna! If you want your blog to look as cute as mine there is a button to push so you can go see what Shauna has to offer.

News Flash:

I am home alone, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with myself. Tonight I went and had my toenails painted, enjoyed a chocolate shake, went shopping and was really disappointed when the Ulta by my house was closed for renovations. Got some Bath and Body works shower gel on sale for $3 and ate Chipotle because I didn't have to cook supper. Now I'm up past my bedtime because I don't have to get to school until 8:15 tomorrow!

Ok now to the story Jonathan alluded to in his comment on my last post. Monday evening Jonathan and I were scurrying around to get ready for his end of the year teacher banquet because our sitter fell through and at the last minute we got some friends to watch the kids so we could go. We had bathed the kids early and put on PJ's so we didn't have to mess with it later. Well, Bowen suddenly starts crying because he stubbed his toe. We had learned in the past that if he gets really worked up about something the result is throw-up coming out his mouth. I had believed that it was because his tonsils were really large and made him gag really easily. That hypothesis was blown out of the water on Monday night. Bowen cried and cried and cried until he barfed. Lots. Of. Chocolate. Ice. Cream. It was SO GROSS. Poor Bowen barfing, poor Laine crying over and over gross, gross, gross. I was afraid she was going to have sympathy barf so I ushered her into the bathroom and tried to distract her. Turns out she was just scared and sad that Bowen had gotten sick. The best part was we were only 15 minutes late to the dinner, we are awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog look!

You said: "We had learned in the past that if he gets really worked up about something the result is throw-up coming out his mouth."

Heather, where else does throw-up come out of??

Mere Ware said...

I personally hope that Bowen continues this tradition is whole life. I can jsut imagine him trying to get up the nerve to ask a girl out and getting so worked up that he throws up all over the place. Just kidding...I sound like a really mean aunt. I hate to throw up and I bet Bowen hates it even more than me! Cute blog look!!!

suetmom said...

Poor Bowen! I finally found your blog thanks to Dad. I like that Laine is so sympathetic to Bowen..what a great sister. It is cold and rainy where we are today. I decided to use blogs instead of email! Love the new blog look...yeah for Shauna