Monday, June 16, 2008

Events of the weekend








We had a very eventful weekend at the Williams' house! Friday Jonathan got home from Mexico and then went and picked the kids up while I finished up teaching lessons. It's great having them back.






Saturday was our 11th Anniversary! Jonathan and I decided that is doesn't seem like we've been married that long and we also think we've both gotten better over the last 11 years. Here's to the next 11! My day started with a run at Luke's, a trip to Wal-Mart and then a pedicure to correct my swimming pool feet. Jonathan had decided that he wanted an ipod for a combo Anniversary/Father's Day gift so we went and got that at Best Buy. We got ready and dropped the kids off at Mere and Ryan's and we went to eat at Reata and then to a movie. The food was great, the movie not so great. The Happening wasn't all that happening.






Father's Day we went to church and then to eat at Fuzzy's, Jonathan's chose well. We hung out that afternoon and then Mere and Ryan came over for Father's Day burgers and homemade Blackberry ice cream.






I thought I'd end with some reasons I love MY Dad!






1. He is one of the smartest people I know.



2. He always thinks of really cool things to do.



3. I have never worried about my children when he is with them. They are always happy, well-fed and usually tired from all the stuff they do together.



4. He is open-minded.



5. He and my mom did a great job of teaching us that all people are equal.



Happy Father's Day Dad, I Love You!

5 comments:

Holly Grant said...

I second that motion about your dad. He was always really cool. I mean, did you know of another dad who loved Beavis and Butthead?!

suetmom said...

Love the picture of you, Mere and the kids! Glad Jonathan is home safe and sound and that you have managed 11 yrs. I am amazed that we hit 38...where did that time go? Holly you have amazing memories...we still make references to B @ B. In fact today we went by a town that was called Banyoles---moment of laughter.

Jenny Chapman said...

love the new look and miss lunch with you!

Anonymous said...

1. I can't believe y'all have been married 11 years - it seems like yesterday.

2. You left out one of the things you love about your dad is that he has a wonderful sister.

Anonymous said...

Good post.