Monday, June 09, 2008

Admitting...

that on the way home from getting my teeth cleaned I noticed that a little spider was on my dash board. You might think that's no big deal except that I am really uncomfortable around spiders because I always think they are going to jump on my face. I eyed the spider warily he was trying to climb up on the windshield and couldn't when he suddenly JUMPED on the windshield. That was it for me. I leaned as far as I could away from the jumping spider of death and kept driving all the time talking to the spider telling him he better stay away from me. Well, he didn't listen and started scurrying up the windshield and closer to my head. He then started his way over to my window, then I really looked strange, leaning as far as I could towards the passenger side of the car. I drove like that the entire way home. When I pulled up in the driveway I climbed over to the passenger side because I could no longer see spider of death out of my peripheral vision. I found I weapon (Blake's grey mouse, sorry Mere) and whacked him with it. He jumped, thankfully not on my face and I whacked him again. I couldn't get him, mainly because he jumped off the seat. So, now I have to drive to swimming lesson in a few minutes with Jumping Spider of Death still in my car. I'm scared.

3 comments:

robin said...

atleast you didn't have a wreck because of the spider! don't give him any water and maybe he'll die of a heat stroak!

Leslie said...

Ewww...I don't know that I could get back in the car. I have a horrible fear of spiders. I need more info on this Twilight book. I just saw it at Target, but couldn't get past it being about vampires. ??? Is it worth it?

Joni said...

Yikes...I would have done the same thing if it would have been a grasshopper. Blake's poor mouse. Actually...I had no clue where that thing was, so I'm glad it came in handy.

This is Mere signing with Joni's new blog title thingy.