Thursday, May 29, 2008

Blogs and Email

We all know that when you write an email or a blog you can't use tone of voice or gestures to help convey your meaning. I made a mistake with my writing last night when I wrote the last paragraph. When I said it in my head it sounded cute and a little sarcastic. He took it as all sarcasm and a little naggy, so he wrote a sarcastic remark right back at me. I decided to delete it mainly because it hurt my feelings. When I went back and read my words without my cutesy voice I realized it did sound demeaning. Does that mean he should have written a yucky comment back, no I don't think so, but he did.

So, I'm apologising to you Jonathan, for forgetting that blogs don't have a tone of voice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A public apology should be worth a million dollars!!!

Anonymous said...

YOUR APOLOGY IS ACCEPTED, AND MAY I EXTEND AN APOLOGY AS WELL. MOSTLY FOR BEING A D.B. HUSBAND (THAT'S DOUCHEBAG FOR THE LAYMEN OUT THERE0