Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Very Happy Mother's Day!

We had a family get together in Abilene this weekend. Meredith and Ryan and Blake arrived just a little after us on Friday evening and after supper we went to see Iron Man while Mimi and Paco kept the kids. I really enjoyed the movie, it was a great start to the Mother's Day weekend. Saturday we made breakfast burritos and then shopped a little in the afternoon. The very best part of Saturday was the picnic we had in the front yard. We decided that a margarita and some chips and salsa sounded really good for a late afternoon snack. So, Mom went to get Margarita mix, I went to Rosa's to get chips and salsa, Dad went to Alfredo's to get some queso and Meredith got out a quilt to sit on. Pretty soon, the kids had swim suits on playing in the sprinkler, and the adults were sipping on margaritas and enjoying chips, salsa, queso and guac. The weather was nice in the shade and we were basking in the wonderfulness of our idea. Later we managed to eat steak and baked potatoes too. Then Sunday came and the San Angelo group came for Mother's Day. I started my day with a run to get ready for Luke's training that starts on Saturday. We fixed and ate lunch, opened presents, and then hung out for a while. I received a really cute zebra striped purse and a "Do Work, Son" Rob and Big t-shirt, awesome. I told Jonathan that I might have been the only mother to receive that present and really enjoy it! Then the real fun began, I got some sidewalk chalk and drew a 4-square on the neighbor's driveway and we (all the kids) played 4-square for a really long time. We are quite a competitive bunch so it was pretty heated, I have to say I was definitely the best player. We are now staying with the family we stayed with for a month this summer, we really enjoy hanging out with these kids! It's going to be a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Mother's Day with us. It was a great day - my favorite part was watching y'all play 4 square.

suetmom said...

What a great weekend! I love having everyone together. How blessed we are!