Sunday, May 04, 2008

I haven't had a Diet Coke in 4 days!



I know, what am I thinking right? Well it's not for any reason but the fact that I HAVE A BLADDER INFECTION and was so sick I couldn't eat anything real until today. Aaack, a few years back I had a bout with recurrent bladder infections and ended up having to go to a urologist to have testing done, luckily everything was OK, I just had to take antibiotics for a long time. So, I'm really hoping this goes away and stays away. I still feel really tired and weak, but I did eat a burrito today, which is progress.



I got sick just in time for Bowen's birthday, it was later in the day so I had perked up a little by then. We had so much fun, the kids LOVED decorating the toolboxes my father-in-law Ray made for Bowen's Bob the Builder party. Let me just say that we are always so grateful to Ray for his creative mind, he is the original Bob the Builder. It was a beautiful day for an outside party and after the party we invited all the family over for brisket with all the trimmings, so yummy.


Operation Gate on the Bedroom Door got off to a rocky start, so rocky in fact Bowen threw-up the first night we put it up. Yes, he got out of bed for his usual midnight wanderings to find the gate there (we did tell him and show him all about it). I allowed him to fuss a little before I went in and then he wanted Daddy and then when Daddy came he was crying so hard he gagged and barfed. Ugh. Since then it's been getting better, but what would I know since I've been taking phenagren.


And here's a picture just for Linda:





4 comments:

Leslie said...

I heard the party was so much fun. I hate that I missed it. It looks like you guys had a great time. I hope you feel better soon, too!

robin said...

tool boxes...what a GREAT idea!!! Way to go Ray!!!

My mom will be so excited about her tree!

Anonymous said...

IT'S MY BOTTLE TREE!!!! I am so excited. Heather, Mom had recurrent bladder infections all her life. So did I - I had a million tests - everything was okay. So my present doctor put me on one macrodantin (antibiotic for bladder infections) a day forever. He said it works for some of his patients, and it works for me! I rarely get one anymore, thank goodness. And here is one of the mysteries of life, I think I'll ask God about this when I meet him, how does a particular antibiotic know what part of the body to go to?

The Duddington Family said...

Happy Birthday Bowen! What a cute theme and great idea. Sorry about the Diet Coke. I know that there are times that a Coke is the only thing that gets me through my day. ~Jenn