Friday, February 15, 2008

Funny story...

On Wednesday I was sitting, and sitting and sitting in a fuculty meeting about starting the bilingual program at our school next year. It was towards the end of the meeting, everyone was sitting quietly listening when all of a sudden a loud voice comes over our Assistant Principals' walkie-talkies. You couldn't understand what the person said but it was very enthusiastic. my principals hurrued to turn down the volume and the AP sitting closest to me sort of peered over at me with a grin on her face. I'm wondering why she's smiling at me, was the call for me? did I miss something in the meeting? My mind was working rather slowly and I thought to myself that the voice on the walkie-talkie sounded like a child. Hmmmm...So my AP then point at me and mouths the question "was that Laine?" Then it all registered, I flew out of the meeting, got my mean face on and stomped into the gym. There were about 5 or 6 kids in there all waiting for thier moms to get out of the meeting, I asked in a stern voice "who talked on my walkie-talkie?" THey all outed Laine immedialtely. She was scared because she thought she was in trouble but I really put on my mean face for the older kids in the group who knew better. Laine has NO idea how walkie-talkies work and she certainly didn't realize a whole room full of people would hear her voice if she spoke into it. I finally coaxed her into telling me what she had said: HEY! HELLO, WHAT'S YOUR NUMBER! Something only a kindergarderer would say! It was really funny and the highlight of my day!

why oh why won't spellcheck work for this sorry speller?!

3 comments:

The Bird Family said...

That was hilarious and made the meeting almost bearable :) Cute Laine

Anonymous said...

It's funny that you were so zoned out you didn't recognize Laine's voice!

Anonymous said...

What's a "fuculty meeting?"