Tuesday, January 24, 2006

T-minus 9 days and counting

till Bowen gets his ear tubes!
We went to the appointment today and Dr. Burkett had no doubt that he was a great candidate. Dr. Burkett, whose other name is Dr. I talk 14 million miles an hour, was very nice and efficient, he even took an X-ray of Bowen to see if his adenoids needed to be taken out too. He did indeed talk very quickly and if I hadn't already researched ear tubes, would have been totally overwhelmed at the amount of information he crammed into about 10 minutes of dialogue. I basically got an anatomy lesson, reasons for the surgery, how the surgery will go and Bowen got examined in a very short time. You might think that the doctor was uncaring or very busy, I didn't catch either of those drifts while in his office, I like being dealt with directly and have no problem with no-nonsense doctors.

Anyway, we're happy that Bowen will feel better. I realize that tubes aren't going to solve all his snot and congestion issues but if he can get a snotty nose without getting an ear infection, I'll be happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! A happy baby again! Hip-Hip-Horray!

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. But thank goodness he'll still have snot, life might not be worth living without snot.

Shauna said...

I know about 4 babies that have gotten tubes in the past 4 weeks - this cant be coincidence - I think Macy may be next!