Sunday, January 22, 2006

New Wheels


We didn't begin this weekend thinking we'd have a new car, but we do. Mom took Laine to spend the night in Dallas so we dropped Bowen off at Mere and Ryan's so we could go test drive some autos. Well, we spent the majority of the day at the dealership and they made us an offer we couldn't refuse. I'm excited to have a new car for these reasons:

Maybe I wont have to drive everywhere we go now since Jonathan can fit in the drivers' seat.
My inspection sticker is current
All my lights work
We can take people with us in the car

If you hadn't noticed it's a minivan...At first I thought I might lose some hard-earned cool points, OK I did, but it's a COOL minivan and it does COOL tricks. I'm a self-assured woman who can tell all the minvan nay-sayers "Screw you, I have doors that open and shut automatically". So there.

This is my first non-VW automobile, I feel a little sad about that, and I was really sad to leave my pitiful little jetta sitting there yesterday. He was sad and wondering what he ever did to deserve desertion at a Nissan dealership. The jetta was a great car and I will miss the speedy zipping around. However how can that rival doors that open and shut BY THEMSELVES and a built in DVD player and room to move around and cool little gadgets and a key chain that will open all doors from far away.

We also had wills drawn up, we're now real adults!

One more thing, did you notice the wet stuff on the car and the ground? Wonder what it is? Well guys that's rain. I know, I know you forgot what it looked like, but there it is, it's magnificent!

4 comments:

Danny Sims said...

HEY! Nice new van. And yes, it RAINED... ALL CAPS means I am EXCITED about the RAIN!!

YEA!!!!

Shauna said...

I love your minivan - I will never lose my cool points to a minivan but I did to a stationwagon so...I am right there with you. I dont know what the deal is but I have know 4 people in the past month to get a minivan...scary.

momsuet said...

Yea for rain, and yea for a new car! I know you will conquer all negative feedback on minivans!

Anonymous said...

Woo-hooo! A new car is always so much fun! The real question is are Laine and Bowen far enough away that they can't pick each others noses? I'm sure that your Jetta will go to a loving new family that will take good care of him!