Tuesday, January 03, 2006

OK I'll do it too...

So my sister has started a blog and I love reading blogs so I thought I'd start one too. My life is pretty tame, nothing too crazy. I think my first blog will be about my trip to the mall today. You see going to the mall with two small children, one in a stroller, one not, is an open invitation for craziness. Laine wants to take her My Little Pony baby so I let her, it was a great choice, she talked to it and played with it but it kept her a good 10 paces behind me. We venture into Victoria's Secret and I look and Laine does not have MLP...we had just eaten some pretzels by the fountain with turtles and MLP was playing on top of one of the turtles. So we go back down the elevator and see MLP sitting happily on the turtle's back. Back to VS we go, I'm looking at PC pants and Laine is again playing with MLP and looking at the lingerie -clad mannequins. I tell her to stay by me and she does, I look again and she is touching the aforementioned mannequin and a sales lady comes from nowhere and in a condescending voice says "oh no little girl those are worth $8,000". What the heck...I give her the Are you kidding me look and promptly drop my would-be purchases and head out. As if I'm going to buy over priced panties from a place that has even more overpriced mannequins that my kid can't touch. Then on out way out, Laine is still walking behind me and a security guy comes up and asks me if she is mine. Good grief...I left immediately.

So on to other things, I've been contemplating how lucky I am to have such healthy children...like I said I read other blogs and this one breaks my heart. Please pray for Ira and his family: www.brooklynchurchplant.blogspot.com

I feel like I've rambeled lots, I 'll get better at this!

1 comment:

Mere Ware said...

Yeah!! My favorite thing about my blog is when people leave comments! Yikes, was the mannequin wearing diamond panties? I would have touched them too if I were Laine. Just wait until they are both out of the stroller! Good luck on your blog. I'll comment on yours if you'll comment on mine!