Sunday, January 29, 2006

Julie Clark is a genius


I say this because she is the sole person who can give me 25 minutes of peace and quiet in the house. The woman deserves every single penny she makes for the bliss I'm sure Baby Einstein gives parents around the world.

Enough of that, I have to finish this post before Symphony of Fun is over.

Jonathan and I grew up in really different families but one thing that is the same is the closeness our parents have with us. Over the years I have heard parents with grown children say how they were so glad to get the kids out of the house and off to college or married or whatever got them to move on out. I always felt sorry for their children (although maybe the kids were just as happy as the parents that they were leaving). My parents and Jonathan's also, were sad when the kids left and would see us any day, any time. I don't think they have ever heaved a sigh of relief when we packed up our stuff and left. That makes me happy, I love my family and I'm so glad my children have grandparents that are so involved and interested in them...and their parents.

I'm excited to start this week, it's the week of tubes!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Ok - we havent ever done Baby Einstein but I am thinking that I should invest in one - Do you think that Macy would still catch on to it and get a good year or so of distraction out of it???

momsuet said...

I love that you and Jonathan don't mind having parents involved in your life! I am so thankiful for two of the best son-in-laws that will put up with "family"...I already new that I had the two best daughters!

momsuet said...

Shauna...you must get Baby Einstein...they are too peacful to be missed. I know, the "one-eyed babysitter" and all that, but these are quality productions.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Sue, I'm so glad our children still let us be part of their lives!

robin said...

How would we do it without our parents! Not just physically being there to help but for the emotional stability some times! How do people who aren't close to their family do it!

Mere Ware said...

Hellooooo...Are you there?