Friday, March 31, 2006

Kicked off the tit...

Well I made a last minute decision to wean Bowen yesterday, I couldn't find our nursing equipment and had to give him a bottle. I told myself that if he took the bottle well and didn't wake up I would wean him. He took the bottle like a champ, fell right to sleep, he woke up once but I didn't count it because he just needed his pootie. So that was it. I was down to nursing twice a day and pumping once, so I have cabbage leaves on my boobs. Yes, you read that right, cabbage leaves. I read that they help with engorgement and drying up your milk supply. Even if they don't help with the milk, I'm keeping them in the fridge and they feel great on my ready to explode boobs. Yikes.

I am going to be sad to see my big boobs go, I really did enjoy them. What will take they're place is so small and limp that it makes my eyes water. But as I was drinking my second Diet Coke of the day without guilt, it was pretty nice! Well I hope I can sleep tonight...Benadryl is a drying agent, I think I'm going to take two and some advil and hit the sack.

5 comments:

heatherw said...

I promise I am a teacher and I meant their not they're.
Good Grief.

Shauna said...

I did the cabbage too - I would just put them inside my sports bra and make a day of it! :0) What a miserable process!

Shauna said...

oh and I really really love the title of this blog - I hope it stays around for a while!

robin said...

Knowing how to spell is not a requirement of being a teacher! Proof: I'm one!

I want to nurse..but I'm not looking forward to the boob issues!

Anonymous said...

I have tried the cabbage leaves on my crotch. It feels really good, plus you've always got something to snack on if you're really hungry.