Friday, March 24, 2006

My favorite~!






Shauna posted her favorite recipe so here's mine, it's not fast but it's easy and GREAT!

Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket:
from Perini Cookbook

2Tbsp. Chili Powder
2Tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
1 bay leaf crushed
4 pound brisket
1 1/2 c. beef stock

Make a dry rub out of the dry ingredients. Season brisket on both sides. Place in a pan and roast uncovered for one hour at 350. Add beef stock and water to yield about 1/2 inch of liquid in pan. Lower oven to 300 and cover pan tightly for three hours or until fork tender.

I'm telling you this is the best brisket I've ever put in my mouth.

So last night Mere and Ryan came over to see Jonathan. Laine and Mere started coloring and in a little while I hear Laine say "but she's going to be mad" so I look over and see Laine with kitty whiskers and a kitty nose in green marker on her face, Crayola washable markers, mind you. So we all have a good laugh and I take a picture so I can get her in the tub to wash the kitty face off. You'll see above the kitty face.
Then we get in the tub and I wash her face. Wash, wash, wash, scrub, scrub scrub. I take a look and there is still a kitty face on her face. Icall Mere and tell her it's not coming off, we laugh. I get lotion, still a kitty face. I get fingernail polish remover, kitty face. Alcohol, kitty face. Call mere this morning and tell her her niece is going to school with said kitty face although it has faded a bit. Faded kitty face picture above. So, Aunt Meredith,I can't wait until your first child is born!

The first pic is of Jonathan's incision, I tried to move it down so it wasn't the first thing you saw but I couln't make anything on this dang blog work tight tonight so there it is!

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Ok - I am going to try the beef brisket - it sounds so delicious! And I love the kitty face - I am going to look for some marker faces that we have - One day Kenzie colored her whole face in. Not sure if I have the picture of it. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Just wait til Mere has kids, we're gonna have fun!! I'm sure it was a long weekend at your house with 3 kids rather than 2. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

And you can freeze the sliced brisket with some of the broth, great for sandwiches.

robin said...

That brisket is the BEST!

Are you still alive after taking care of your 3 children! Do you still have hair?

Shauna said...

Can we get the incision moved down a little or a new post or something???

Anonymous said...

i love those pictures of sweet laine, but i'm with shauna, the incision has to move on:)