Monday, March 06, 2006

The Circus arrived at our house at 4:00...AM

Yes folks step right up and listen to Bowen the Barking Seal! I knew something was wrong with him all weekend but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then he had trouble going to sleep and I heard him a few times crying but he always got himself back to sleep after 30 seconds or so. Then at the 4:00 waking, I heard it, the unmistakable barking cough. I went to get him and he sounded HORRIBLE. We quick did a breathing treatment, he cried through the whole thing which didn't do anything to help his breathing. I'm not a worrier when it comes to illness but croup is scary. The whole retraction breathing and whooping to get a breath, I don't mess around with that since Laine's trip to the ER for croup last fall. So, I'm at home today with a pitiful little boy.

4 comments:

robin said...

Poor baby! I guess it's hard for him to tell you how bad he feels at this age. Hope y'all get some really good drugs!

Anonymous said...

Awww that makes me sad. He was such a happy kid this weekend. Oh well, maybe it will give you a chance to clean up after us. We had a GREAT weekend, thanks.

Shauna said...

My nephew has had croup a few times! Yuk. I am sad to hear that he isnt feeling well.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Bowen is still sick. Tell him to shape up!