Thursday, March 13, 2008

Whew.

We are finally home. The surgery itself went really well, no complications. Jonathan took Bowen back where they give him "giggle juice" before taking him back to the OR. He got a few videos of him being all spaced out on the meds, I'll see if I can post them later. About 30 minutes after he went back, Dr. Burkett came out to talk to us. He told us situations in which we should call him or head to the ER. The most disturbing one was "if he has a fever of 106..." I'm standing there thinking, if he has a fever of 106, won't he just burst into flames? Wow, I'm pretty sure I'd call at 105, right when he's turning into molten lava.
Being in recovery was really hard mostly because all Bowen did was cry. He cried because of the tubes and wires that were taped to him, he cried to turn a movie on, he cried when I brought him the wrong book, he cried when I tried to get him to drink or lick his Popsicle, and finally he was crying when he told me to stop looking at him.
We were really glad to get him home so he could sleep. That is what he is doing right now, we are all relieved and happy to be home.

3 comments:

suetmom said...

My favorite part of this story is when Bowen cried because you were looking at him. So thankful everything went well....home is good. Maybe you and Jonathan can take some of his pain medicine too!

Anonymous said...

Poor Bowen. Your mom has a good idea - pain meds for all.

Leslie said...

I'm glad everything went well. I hope Bowen's feeling a little bit better today. I second the pain medicine for you guys.