Thursday, January 03, 2008

Aaaaaaand, I'm back.



Wow, this has been the busiest Holiday season ever! The highlight of course being the arrival of Blake.


At the beginning of the break we went to Jasper to have Christmas with Jonathan's family. We left the Friday we got out of school and got there Friday evening. We had some great hang out time on Saturday and then early Sunday morning my mother-in-law walked into our bedroom with the phone and I immediately knew what was going on. It was mom calling to say that Mere was in the hospital and would not leave without a baby. I quickly took a shower, packed some essentials and got on the road to Fort Worth. I made record time, a little less than 4 hours, and was at the hospital in time to wait for Blake's arrival. After she was born we had holding time and picture time and then I went home to spend the night, went back to the hospital Christmas Eve morning and then drove back to Jasper in time for Christmas Eve present opening.


We drove back to Fort Worth and the day after Christmas had Christmas with Mimi, Paco, Mere, Ryan and Blake. It was wonderful to look over and be surprised to see a baby instead of a big tummy! That night we went to a Stars game, Bowen and Laine had a grand time riding the TRE and going to the magnificent American Airlines Center, the game was fun, lots of goals.


A couple of days later we hosted the gang from San Angelo for Christmas. Man, we ate great food, opened presents and had a fun time on New Years' Eve playing games with Mere, Ryan, Koby, Robin, Justin (Jonathan's brother) and Leslie (Justin's girlfriend). Linda helped me redo my crosses in my Living Room, we shopped and visited.


That is a very brief version of the marvelous Christmas our family had. Truthfully, it is going to go down as one of my favorite Christmases ever. We really enjoyed hosting meals at our house and having way too many people sleeping in way too little space.


I'm sure I'll think of some good stories to tell soon, I'm still digesting what a special family I have and all the fun things we've done together this Christmas.


Happy New Year, here's to a great 2008!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great Christmas wasn't it? I love my family.

robin said...

Did granny and grandad come or was that bowen that pooped on the floor! LOL :)"It's hell getting old" said Granny....

Shauna said...

Can you take some Blake pictures since Mere sucks at blogging? When you have a new baby, I need pictures like every day.