Thursday, September 21, 2006

I just cleaned up shit, oh I mean poop, off the floor...

Of my kitchen! Poor Bowen! I picked him up from eating supper and there was a brownish liquid on his seat. Hmmm... I looked at his shorts and saw the telltale signs of poop leakage, you know the two stripes that look like panty lines? Yes, those. So I strip him and hose him off in the bathtub. I go to put a diaper on him and he has this HORRIBLE diaper rash. He screamed when I tried to put his diaper on so I thought a little fresh air would do him good. So he was happily playing naked squatting down to play his ladybug xylophone. That's when I heard a tooting sound...Only it wasn't just tooting, it was a shart only it was more sh- than -art. So I pick Bowen up because he wanted to sit down and I didn't want the nice pile (oh did I mention that this poop wasn't turds it was amoxicillin induced, maybe not quite diarrhea?) to be smeared. I put a diaper on the screaming boy and put both kids in his bedroom and shut the door. Then the debating began, how should I go about cleaning this up? Finally I decided that scraping it up with firm cardboard would be best. It was a great decision the poop went right on the cardboard and then I disinfected with bleach. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I remember those days. Robin puked and had the runs for 8 months. EIGHT MONTHS! She only weight 13 pounds when she was 8 months old. We finally found the culprits (plural) and she's been fine, so to speak, every since. I don't miss those days. Reegan's poop is sweet. And Cute!!

robin said...

Oh my gosh! I needed that laugh! I'm sure I will have some of those stories very soon! I can only say that I've been peed on twice and puked on once....pretty good for one week huh!

Shauna said...

Well, last night my child pooped in her diaper and didnt cry to get me to get her out of her crib so she slept in it and then stuck her hand in her diaper and wiped it all over herself and all over the crib...wonderful...sorry you had shit on your floor.