Monday, September 18, 2006

Bruiser

About 5:30 last night I was changing Bowen's diaper so that we could speed off to church. I finished and turned around to deposit it in the trash and I heard him fall on the floor. This was not an unusual event in itself, he falls lots, he's a toddler right? The sound that emitted from his mouth told me that something bad had happened. In all the times he has cried in his life, I had never heard this cry. I checked him over looking for blood in all the obvious places, nose, mouth, nothing. I carried him into the living room, Jonathan and I gave each other the look that said "Wow there's something wrong". About then Jonathan saw his face, a grim look came over him and I turned him around to see a HUGE goose egg forming right between his eyes. You could see the blood pooling under his skin, in the mean time he's still hollering all out. We get frozen veggies, place them on his head and he cries louder. I place a call to his doctor and start waiting, then he stops crying and his eyes start closing and rolling back in his head, that was it for me, off we went to Cooks. I won't go into the details of Cooks on a Sunday night but picture lots of people with germy kids waiting and waiting and waiting. I felt dirty when we left about 9:00. In the end, Bowen is great, there was nothing wrong. Here's what he looked like about 10 last night:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That poor baby!! Kiss him for me.

Anonymous said...

OH! Sweet boy!
What is your e-mail at work- I can't get the one I had to work anymore. -Jodi

robin said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! I'm glad he's ok!

heatherw said...

hwilliams@wsisd.net