Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sensitive

Today I had one of those days where I spent most of the day dusting feelings off my shoulder. Normally, I don't have issues with hurting feeling and needing to deflect them. But today was one of those days. A comment about the clothes I wear to school for my job mixed with my jewelry, actually a whole conversation about me and my clothes and my jewelry. My jewelry is cute, my clothes are what I wear for my job, I put them together and make them cute. And it wasn't even a bad or mean spirited comment, it just hit me the wrong way. Then it was feeling weird at a baby shower at a cross town school. Then it was thinking about some changes happening at my school and how it was making some people feel worried. And people who did not ask me about my ENT appointment that I had yesterday even though I had probably talked about it way too much in the days before. All this stuff usually rolls right off my back but today it stuck and hurt my feelings. I don't like having hurt feelings.

Speaking of my ENT appointment, it was not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for a quick fix! I was hoping the Doctor would look at the CT scan and exclaim "jeez, look at that HUGE cyst! We must remove that thing at once and your headaches will be gone for good!" Instead, the cyst was wimpy and as an added bonus I have a deviated septum! Oh JOY! So the dude only added to my list of issues, I don't think that's allowed at this point, subtracting only please.

Besides all that downer stuff, my head has really felt lots better the last few days! That really makes me happy! Getting my hair cut tomorrow makes me happy and my birthday coming up in a couple of weeks also makes me happy! So. I'm done with hurt feeling I just needed to get that out and over with...Oh and Spring Break makes me EXTRA happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who talked about your clothes and jewelry? Tell me right now. I'll take care of them. They'd better be backing up.

Okay Heather, I think they'll leave you alone now.

suetmom said...

I don't even have to say or do anything because Linda fixed them for you! Go Linda!!

Tomorrow will be a better day.

Leslie said...

I hhhhaaattteee days like that. Hopefully today is going better for you. It's only a matter of hours until you are on Spring Break!! Whoever made the comment about your clothes and jewerly must be jealous. I'm jealous of the fact you get to wear comfy clothes, but I wouldn't want your job! You have the cutest jewerly ever too, so they can just suck it.

Anonymous said...

Leslie said suck it.

Holly Grant said...

Having your feelings hurt totally sucks. I think I would hate feeling awkward at a baby shower even more. Feeling weird at a get together that you can't really escape from is the worst.
Sorry about the doctor's appointment. I think you need a margarita. Or 4.