Sunday, March 15, 2009

Putting our best foot forward





Let me start off by saying, this Spring Break is already better than last year by about 1,ooo% since we're not at home with Bowen helping him recover from having his tonsils and adenoids removed. I think poking myself in the eye would be a better Spring Break than that.





A couple of weeks ago I received an email from the district that the Stars were doing a Teacher Appreciation night and we could get tickets half price, awesome, I got my order in for the cheap seats of course. I received conformation from the guy that handles the special events that my tickets would be at Will Call and gave me a reference number in case my tickets weren't there at the window.



Fast Forward to last night. We rode the train over to Dallas got to the AA center extra early and made our way over to Will Call to get our tickets. Of course we went the wrong way and it took us forever to get over there. I walked to the window and gave the lady my ID and my name. She didn't have my tickets. Thankfully, I had my handy dandy reference number. She left with it and was gone for a few minutes. I wasn't worried, I just didn't know what the hold up was. All of a sudden she walks up with my tickets, and we were on our way! I looked at the tickets and this is what I saw:

OK section 220. Right. So we head to section 220, we notice that we're on the floor that has the really nice seats on it, and we show our tickets to a employee who points us off in a general direction. We see we're by the box seats and we conclude we are definitely in the WRONG place. So we take the escalator up a level and walk down a ways and go back down to see if we can get to section 220, the cheap seats because we totally don't belong with the nice seat people. Well we wind up right where we were the first time. That's when I take a closer look at our tickets:


DO you see the price tag on that ticket? Do you ????? That is exactly $100 more than I paid for it. And there were three more of those ! People pay that much for tickets! So we really were in the right place. In situations like that, my motto is just pretend like you know what you're doing. So we marched through the fancy restaurant. We found our black curtain, the nice lady held it open for us. We found our seats, they had programs on them already. We even had our own waitress. It was too much fun!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Awesome story!!! Glad you are having a good week!

Tricia said...

I can't believe that you guys have never been to white sands. Your kids would love it! And you guys would love it too. Make sure you get some wax for your sleds. It makes it so much fun!