Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pictures from Abilene

Blake ridin' dirty


Two cute moms:


Bowen being mean:

Two cuties on a swing:

Posted by Picasa
I went back to the Headache Clinic today and met with the P.A., I thought she was totally awesome. I love people who shoot straight with me, I don't want any beating around the bush. Here are my three main question and a synopsis of her answers:
1. Why these bad headaches now? Headache or Migraine is a disease just like Type 1 Diabetes or high blood pressure. You have had this disease all along, your body just decided it was time for it to show up big time.
2. Will I take this medicine for the rest of my life? Yes. Most likely, again Migraine is a disease just like you would keep taking blood pressure or insulin you will most likely keep taking meds for your disease indefinitely.
3. Will I ever be able to drink a Diet Coke again? Don't tell Dr. Herzog I told you this but yes, you will once your medicine gets your headaches more controlled. :)
And you know I feel really peaceful about what she had to say. I think it was because I've seen improvement in the last few weeks and with an increase in my medicine it can only get better. As long as I don't have any unrealistic expectations about these headaches just disappearing, that it's really out of my control, it's a disease not something I am or am not doing that is making my head hurt, I feel OK about taking a couple of pills a day to keep from hurting. I still believe God can heal. I'm still on the Headache diet, I'm OK with that too. It's not going to be forever, I can do anything for a little while.

3 comments:

Joni said...

Love the pic of Bowen being mean to Blake! I to think you will someday be able to drink Dr. Coke again, and what a glorious day that will be:)

Leslie said...

I love "Blake ridin' dirty." Her stance is so thug in that picture. We're still praying that God will heal your headaches and you will have Diet Coke again. I'm glad that you are having some relief though.

Tricia said...

The pictures are so cute! And I am still praying for those headaches too! Did you like your plate?