Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby! Or Jonathan sure is Old now!


Today marks 36 years for Jonathan Ryan, that means in 8 days I will be 34. We celebrated last night at Central Market with Meredith, Ryan and Blake and our friends the Reinkes. I surprised Jonathan with a totally cool leather ithacus (fish, is that even the right word?) bracelet from James Avery, it's a man's bracelet I promise! Today we had Birthday lunch at Jason's Deli and will end up having cupcakes with our small group tonight at View 242 worship.




To further celebrate my favorite husband here are some things I love about him:




he can always make me laugh




he smells good




he has made some major sacrifices for our family




he is a great player with our kids




his spirituality has grown leaps and bounds and not just up, out of the box too! I love that!




he's not scared of hard work




he thinks I'm hot




we have the same views on the importance of family




As you can see I have a pretty great guy!




I have lots of stuff to post about! We had a great Spring Break!




Just a couple of Random things:




1. Since I've changed my diet I've become more aware of extra "stuff" that is put into our food. Now I'm now going to go all health nutty on you but in addition to my current diet changes I've decided to switch to Organic Milk. I felt God talking to me the other day about what is going into my kids' bodies and one thing I can switch is milk.




2. Today in church we were sitting down singing a song about standing in front of God. I can't remember which one it was now, but my natural inclination is when you sing about standing in Awe or rising up is to actually stand or rise...that's what I did. I didn't even think twice about it. I happen to glance around, I am the only one in the auditorium standing up. Come on people, you are worshiping GOD! The song is saying STAND, finally, on the second round some others joined me. I wasn't embarrassed, just amazed that no one else felt the urge to worship like the song said.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Happy Birthday Jonathan!
2. You are right Heather, he is awesome.
3. I love the song that says "and I stand, I stand in awe of you...". Good for you for standing and even better, for not being embarrassed.

Leslie said...

Jonathan is pretty awesome, and the bracelet you got him is too. Love it.

Have you had any more headaches since you changed your diet?

I too hate when people don't stand and the words say "stand". I like worshipping better standing up anyway. I feel less self-consious. Way to go doing what you felt led to do. I'm sure you made God so proud when you did that.

Shauna said...

I HATE it when people dont stand during standing songs. Hate it. ALSO hate it when the worship leader doesnt tell everyone to stand up when they see one or two loners out there standing. Rude.

Anyhow - Happy Birthday to your husband.

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday to Jonathan and happy early birthday to you! Did you like what Audrey brought you? Don't want to give anything away since they are gifts. I hope so!