Sunday, April 13, 2008

Reasons I'm ready for summer:

10. Watermelon- I bought one today at Wal-Mart, I cut it up for lunch and was immedietely transported forward two months. I was sitting on my deck and enjoying a ripe one for lunch with Laine and Bowen

9. Flip-flops- although I wear them year-round, I love getting up in the morning and slipping my feet into a really cute pair.

8. Tank tops- I'm so tired of school clothes and I don't even have to dress up!

7. Tan legs- done with pasty whiteness

6. Sleeping in- this time of year I want to throw my alarm clock when it goes off in the morning.

5. Wading Pools- My kids are almost too big for them but what's better than walking out your backyard to fun, safe, and cool playing. I know a real pool would be more fun, that's just not in the best interest of our budget or our small yard.

4. Highlights- summer hair is the BEST!

3. Projects- two of mine for the summer are painting my bathroom and the living room.

2. Choices- do I want to put on make-up today? Should we go to the park or the pool? Do I want to take a shower today? Should I eat the pink Popsicle or the green one?

1. No school- duh.

4 comments:

suetmom said...

Yea for summer! I'm counting days too!

Anonymous said...

Every day is summer for me right now - since turkey season is over - and I love it! I would also love a paycheck. Decisions!

The Duddington Family said...

AMEN! I am ready for this school year to be over with. ~Jenn

Holly Grant said...

The life of a teacher must be nice. I often ask myself why I didn't go into teaching and I have yet to come up with a good answer!