Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sweetest Thing

Listening to your sleeping child's heart beating. I don't think much about everyday tick-tocking of life but when I went in to check on Laine and Bowen after they fell asleep I was inclined to lay my head on their little chests and listen in. It's almost like you're hearing a secret, a whisper that tell you everything is alright. I remember going to the Doctor every month for my check-ups and no matter how many times I heard it, the sound of that little baby's heartbeat almost took my breath away. Tonight was no different. I has the realization that I was hearing a miracle of healthiness and vitality was so awesome that I had to stop right then and thank God that I have two healthy, wonderfully whole children.

2 comments:

suetmom said...

How blessed we are.....

Anonymous said...

Count your blessings, name them one by one ...