Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Huh? What'd you say?

When I went to the Allergist a couple of weeks ago he told me I had some wax buildup in my left ear and I could get an OTC wax remover and get it out. Well, I didn't do it. Then I decided it might be worth a try, so while I was at Wal- Mart the other day I bought one of the kits. The directions say to use it twice a day and let the drops sit in your ear. After 4 days use the convenient syringe and some water to gently wash out the remaining wax. First, this was mildly exciting to me because I really secretly like picking things like my nose, zits, dry skin etc..so the thought of getting to pick something out of my ear was new! and exciting! Second, I'm always hoping for that one "miracle" product that will take away a myriad of problems on one swoop, I'm such a dummy. So the first two uses were successful, then the second night of use when I went to tip my head the other direction to get the drops to come out they didn't budge. I went ahead and went to bed laying on my side so that maybe it would drain out during the night. I woke up about 5 AM with an amazing pain in my ear and the feeling that I had gone swimming in my sleep and didn't get the water out of my left ear. I drank my morning Diet Coke and my ear hurt worse when I burped, then I might have blown my nose and I thought my eardrum might pop. SO, needless to say I have an appointment with my ENT tomorrow to see what is going on in my ear, the pain has gotten better but I still feel like I'm listening through cotton.

A few weeks ago we were in Abilene for a visit. We went to Chic-fil-a for lunch and as I was walking into the play area to get the kids I saw someone I recognized. The funny part is I had only seen her and her kids on her blog! I met Mary Beth in real life, it was so neat to see someone whose life I check up on periodically. She was so cute and so were her kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear the outcome of the ear story. I've always been afraid to use one of those kits for fear the wax would form in to a huge ball never to budge from my ear. Please give us a follow-up.