Saturday, April 29, 2006

Aaaaaaahhhhh! Son of a...

Today is one of those days where i have felt the weight of having two children. Laine was invited to attend a birthday party of Jake who is the son of a teacher at my school and the brother of a girl in her class. I considered not going but in the end guilt won and we hurriedly got ready to go ( I didn't even take a shower or wash my hair so we could get there sooner). So we're ready and Bowen is crying because he is sleepy so I start looking for my keys so we could go and he could just sleep in the car. So I looked for my keys, more looking, looked some more, and looked again. OK picture this in your mind: Baby crawling around behind you crying while looking for keys. He is stopping every so often to put his head to the ground and let out a louder more frantic cry. This goes on for ohhh so long. Finally I just gave up and sat down with Bowen, he immediately went to sleep and I had to break the news to Laine that we couldn't go to the party because Myrtle could not go anywhere without keys. Poor Laine. As a conso lation about 20 minutes later after lunch she asked if I would paint her toenails, I said yes and she came running back with my keys! They were in the box I have all my nail polish in?! I would still be looking for my keys if I hadn't agreed to give a pedicure!
About that time my friend Julie called because we were going to go over and decorate our friends' house who are bringing home their adopted baby today! Woohoo! I asked if I needed to bring anything, she said no just the cookies...I spoke in my most normal voice "OK see you in a bit". Then I hung up and started making the cookies I forgot to make, luckily they were the frozen pre-measured ones I just had to make some blue icing to go on top. Eeek. What a Saturday, Bowen hasn't been happy all day because he's working on his top two teeth, hopefully they'll poke through before his party.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I know the day that you have had...I also know that calm voice of "yeah, of course - the cookies...what else..." I have to use that voice all to often.

Anonymous said...

Did you inherit losing your keys from your father?

robin said...

What a day! Atleast Laine was ok with not going to the party and didn't throw a huge fit...that would have woken Bowen up!