Thursday, September 20, 2007

Events of the day,

or maybe days...

First I do have an allergist appointment next Friday, it can't come soon enough.

Next, those extra warranties do pay off because I waltzed into Best Buy last nightand purchased a brand new ipod nano, the really new one that's square. It has twice the storage space for the same price I bought my first one for.

Yesterday I received an email that really lowered my morale for school. I'm going to be working everyday in a Kindergarten classroom to help with a special program for which we are the pilot school. I'm going to do the job with a smile but I heard it's really boring and that's what I'm dreading. Last year I was SO bored so this year I told my Administration I wanted to start a exercise mentoring program in the mornings. I guess that's down the drain, I'm really disappointed.


Today I received a call from the daycare director and I answered the phone "do I have a sick child?" TO which the response was, well not really. As it so happens Bowen was bitten ON THE LIP by a "friend". That's always what they put in reports to keep the child's privacy. I think it's kind of funny that a "friend" would bite your lip thought :) Anyway they had me callthe doctor and see what I should do since he bled a lot and it was by his mouth. The nurses first reaction was "WHAT bit him?" I told her a child and she asked what happened, so I told her. Anyway it seems human bites are worse to get than animal bites because of the germy mouth area. SO I have to watch for swelling, puss, redness and fever. Aaack...all I wanted to do was go hug him but that would have totally made it worse when I had to leave to go teach.

Ok the next thing I'm not so sure about. I feel like I pretty laid back with my children so when something makes me mad I feel like it's justified. when I went to pick Bowen up Laine stood by the door like she always does while I get his stuff together. I went to sign the incident report for the bite and Laine had opened the door to the room. All of a sudden the teacher was using very sharp, loud words with LaineI looked up to see what was going on and she continued to give Laine a hard time about the door and how it would get her (the teacher) in trouble if Laine was out in the hall alone with Bowen. I totally understand that rule, Laine and I talked about it and she won't be doing that again. I did however have a problem with the teacher's tone of voice and voice level. After it happened I just left without saying another word. I didn't want to address her then and have me sound ugly. I also wanted to stop in the director's office as I was walking out and tell her what happened, I didn't do that either. I don't like skipping in the chain of command. I think I'll talk to the other teachers in the room in the morning instead.

I'm excited for tonight I'm shopping and then working the cash registers at Just Between Friends, our local consignment extravaganza!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Heather, what a day!! Poor Bowen, I hope he gives his "friend" a black eye. I also hope you give the sharp mouthed teacher a black eye.