Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bowen the Barfer

OK, so last night I was taking a shower and when I stepped out I could hear the kids having lots of fun. They were taking turns pushing each other around in a wheeled box kind of thing and having a ball. Two seconds later Bowen went face first onto the kitchen floor and in true Bowen style cries his hardest. Jonathan took him into the bathroom to check everything out and Bowen keeps crying his hardest. He just can't calm down when all of a sudden he throws up and up and up some more. What in the world! Then of course he's upset that he barfed and cries some more. Well to add to the story Jonathan leaned him over the sink when he hurled and the sink wouldn't drain afterwards. Jonathan goes to inspect and reported that there were about 8 pieces of gum that were stopping up the drain. I guess I can't leave gum around the house anymore because Bowen might chew it all, throw up and then clog the drain.

On to other things, I think I'm falling apart. I have been sick since the beginning of August, I'm on my second round of antibiotics and my snot is still yellow. I'm not coughing as much but I still have monster drainage. My doctor took me off my allergy medicine for the duration of my antibiotics so my snot wouldn't be so sticky so now I have a runny nose and itchy throat. I went to the eye doctor today because I would have sworn I had another eye infection but alas, I have eye allergies. I mean lock me up in a bubble guys, I can't survive in a world with living, things like cats and dogs and trees. I'm going to see an ENT to talk about my constant stuffiness and then I'll probably have to see an allergist too. OK done with the health report, boring.

My friend Julie and I have decided to join a team at our church to do the Mud Run. It's 10K run that has obstacles in it, like mud, and water and ropes and all that crazy crap. I'm so competitive that I can't stand to think I might be the one that the others must wait on. I WILL NOT be that person. I'm going to have to get real tough real soon and so some fartleks and speed work, aaack. Oh ant get this, you have to run in BOOTS and PANTS. So if you see a girl running down the street in running shorts and 8 inch black boots, that would be me.

5 comments:

robin said...

Poor Bowen!

I can just see you running down the street looking like a military woman in your boots and pants....OHHHH What about adding camo Heather....then you'd really have the look!!!!

momsuet said...

Poor Bow-man!

But what a great story...hope you are writing these down because memories fail, but writings don't!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness he hit his head, otherwise what would have happened to the gum? lol

Shauna said...

Kind of scary!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering why are sinks get stopped up everywhere we live. My guess is that Mere still swallows her gum and chucks in the sink from time to time.