Friday, June 08, 2007

You too can have beautiful skin like me!

So I've been looking for a new moisturizer for my oily but maturing skin. I was at the mall the other night and I decided to see what Clinique had to offer. They have a new moisturizing gel for oily skin, aha!, just what I need. I asked the sales lady and she gave me a tube sample and some three step samples as well. So I skipped home to try it. I used the three step samples first and saw the gel is yellow like the lotion. All went well and the next night I broke out the tube she gave me. "Hmmm" I thought "this is clear not yellow". I tried it anyway, it felt and smelled the same, so on it went. I slept. I woke up. I tried it again, still clear. I'll take care of this I thought and I shook it REALLY hard to mix it up so it would be yellow. Still clear. Oh Well. On it went. So it's a day and a half later and as I'm putting on the clear gel for the fourth time I happen to glance at the tube. It. was. soap. Yes, I had slept in soap, put my make-up over soap, and declared what a great job soap was doing at moisturizing my skin without making it shiny. Luckily, I have suffered no repercussions (ie zits). When did I get so dumb? Or maybe the Clinique sales lady needs to read the samples before dolling them out.

3 comments:

suetmom said...

Now that is a great story!!

Shauna said...

From having known you for many years now - I would go with the dumbness having come on about the time those babies popped out of you - they can make us all a little off.

Anonymous said...

Heather - what a hoot!!!