Friday, June 15, 2007

My trip to the Mall

I'm so optimistic. Probably to a fault, I think that's why when things don't go my way I'm really disappointed. So I had a plan in mind since the weather was kind of yuck, hey!, we can go to the mall! Great plan. I can return a shirt that made Bowen cry because the arms were so tight and look for a little Anniversary present for Jonathan, let the kids play, get a snack go home and have rest time. Woo hoo! So off we go. We get the shirt returned and then go to the Disney store (yeah I know) and it was crazy because of some semi-annual sale. I pried my children away from the stimulation fest and then get sidetracked at Lady Foot Locker trying on converse. So we hit Macy's and I find some bath sheets that feel SO lovely and decide I'd get Jonathan and I one for the above mentioned gift. Oooh white towels...my shopping daze is suddenly interrupted by Bowen shrieking. I glance over thinking it's just normal sibling stuff, alas, it was not, Bowen's face is covered in blood. I race over, careful to set the white towels out of the bleeding radius to examine from what body part the blood is flowing. I inquire what happened and I'm getting nada from Laine which means it was her fault. He then begins blowing raspberries I guess because it hurts, so that sends spatters of blood flying everywhere. I'm guessing it was his lip, I never really could tell. I wiped and dabbed and it kept coming, we went to the bathroom to wash up and really, what is bleeding etiquette in a public place? I felt weird putting bio hazard stuff in the trash but what else could I do? So we leave the mall looking like we'd been in battle, blood all over my shirt, Bowen's clothes, the stroller. Again being optimistic, we're going to try again after supper and see if we can avoid anymore blood. Man, I'm ready for Jonathan to be home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought you were in abilene...
wow- what an experience! did you end up with the sheets and towels!

Anonymous said...

Did anyone ever figure out what happened? Laine maybe?

heatherw said...

We got back THursaday night, and yes I finally got the story. You see, it was normal, Laine put her skirt in Bowen's mouth and then pulled it out really fast. You know the normal stuff that everyone does!

robin said...

OMG! and I thought ONE was hard!!