Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ugh...

You know a couple of months ago when Mere posted about forgetting to register for the half marathon? Well I have a story that goes along the same line, you now the line of regret and helplessness.

When we started planning Bowen's party we decided to have it at my school. I asked my principal and he said that would be great. He is very cool about all that stuff, he's generous and helpful, I really like and respect him. He met us up at school at 8:30 Saturday morning and let us in. Well we had the party, cleaned up and left. I called him after we left to tell him we were done. Fast forward a couple of hours and I'm hearing my cell phone ring at Ikea. I answer and it's my principal. We left the door to the school open when we left. Oh. Shit. You know that panicky, hot, adrenaline feeling you get when you get a shock, that was me. I never once thought about the door. He kind of gave me a hard time in a half-joking, half-not way and I hung up. Let me tell you guys something, I cannot forgive myself for that. I mean, my personality is one that #1 wants to follow rules and #2 wants people to like and trust me. There is not one thing I can do to fix what we did, I want to make it better SO BAD. I've constructed many apology notes in my head but most of them sound like diarrhea of the mouth. I apologized, and that's all I can do and I hate that. Sorry to post a yuccky story but Blogger won't let me upload pictures of the party so I'll get to the fun stuff when it's fixed. Blech.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when you screw up and can't fix it? But it's okay. We've all done it, we'll all do it again. I love you anyway!!

robin said...

I HATE that feeling. It just makes you sick and consumes you!