Saturday, November 22, 2008

Run like Hell Heather!







Last Sunday Julie and I ran in the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon in San Antonio. It was an adventure, it was an adventure just to get to the start line. Since there were over 30,000 people running and the start line was down town everyone had to ride a shuttle to get there. We waited almost an hour to get on the shuttle. We were 40 minutes late to the start line and our corral hadn't even left yet. We had time to potty and find our spot in line and then wait another 10 minutes before we began running. I was almost tired when we started running. The course was great, lots of bands lots of people to look at and lots of cheering crowds. Julie and I usually talk the whole time we run but instead we kept commenting that there was way too many exciting things to look at to talk!! We finished in 2:32, that was the official time, my watch time was less because I stopped it at potty breaks. Here are some pictures of the race and one of my new rock star hair!:


In the Hotel:




Waiting for the shuttle:








Running: Although I can't really see us in the picture, I promise we're there!








Post Race Craziness:
Rock Star Hair: I just realized I have it tamed back, but yes, it's really dark. I almost died in the salon but I never like my hair right away so it's growing on me. Also, I got new mascara...Do I have clumpy lashes?

3 comments:

Holly Grant said...

While I was reading this post about you running a 1/2 marathon, I was eating a box of peppermint oreos. Thank you for making me feel like a fat ass.
Secondly, in response to your comment on my blog. Let me just say I am a loyal reader of "Laine and Bobo" but sometimes I don't comment because the only thing in my brain, while reading about MRSA and pink eye, is "holy shit, that's disgusting." I'm working on self-containment so I try not to comment with rude thoughts like that. As you can see, I still need to work on that one. Now, what is your excuse for the lack of comments on "Macon Fun of the Grants?" And don't say because it's so boring and you can't make it to the end. And FYI, I really do think you are funny and sassy which is the making for a perfect friend!

heatherw said...

my excuse is that I think your blog is HAlarious and I usually think my comments won't be as funny as they need to be for your blog. Don't worry about your containment issues, I'm generally thinking "holy shit that's disgusting" myself. Glad I meet your friend standard for funniness, sometimes I wonder about myself!

Shauna said...

ok - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dark hair. I may just do mine. I can copy you right?