Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gloria Day

When I was growing up Wednesday was known as Gloria Day in our house. You might think it was a day of celebration but to a young person it was a day of torture. You see the night before Gloria Day we had to prepare for Gloria. Who was Gloria you might ask? She was the lady that cleaned our house and the reason I dreaded Tuesday night. We had to clean our rooms and help tidy up around the house all while listening to my parents proclaim that tomorrow was Gloria Day over and over again. I think they said it so many times for two reasons: 1) Meredith and I were probably not doing what we were supposed to and 2) because they were so excited to have a clean house. I understand that now that I have someone come clean my house. Just to think of coming home to a sparkly house makes me look forward to Stephanie Day every other Tuesday. So, I forgive you Mom and Dad for making me clean for the house cleaner, I forgive you for annoying me to no end with your Gloria Day proclamations, because know I do it too!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Maria is coming tomorrow, so I've been straightening up.

suetmom said...

All I can say is thank goodness for all the Gloria's, Stephanie's and Maria's in the world !

Anonymous said...

and Lillie!

Leslie said...

Our's was Eva. I always hated that my mom made us clean up for the maid to come. Now, I would totally do the same thing.

Shauna said...

very funny.

robin said...

LOL!!! Thats EXACTLY what i'm doing...tomorrow is Lillie day!!!