Wednesday, September 17, 2008

6 Random things...

Wally Hotts tagged me, no, actually threatened me, to post 6 random things about me, Heather Lorien Thomesen Williams. Here's to Randomness:

Before going to bed at night the door to the bedroom and the bathroom have to be completely closed. If they aren't they call to me in my sleep and tell me to wake up. Actually, it scares me to death when my children appear at the side of my bed at night, I swear they float in, I never hear a thing until one of them is either saying my name or poking me so I like the bedroom door closed so I might get a little heads up before they come in. The bathroom door thing, I have no clue, it just has to be closed for me to be able to sleep.

I am obsessed with checking my email, it is especially bad since I got an iphone. Every time I hear it ding for email I have to open my mail to see what it is. I mean, I probably check my email 20 times a day.

I am a Harry Potter nerd and a Twilight nerd. I am constantly listening to one of the HP books on my ipod, I rarely listen to music. I have read each of the books several times. The twilight series is awesome! I now officially wish I could be a vampire!

I do not have a public pooping phobia, I will poop anywhere, anytime. That is very helpful since I have to poop while I'm running sometimes.

If you know Meredith and me you know I am the uptight one, however, when it comes to parenting, we are opposite. I totally let things slide that Meredith worries about, it kind of feels good to be the one who is laid back. Don't mess with my bedtime though, or being late or me packing early for a trip, still type A about that stuff.

Redness is part of who I am and I hate it! I turn red at the silliest things, then I realize I'm turning red, get flustered about turning red and then I get redder! Ahhhhhh! I'm never embarrassed, that's the weird thing. For example this week during lunch I was telling my friends a story about Laine and Bowen and I feel the heat coming on, it's the most helpless feeling that only gets worse the more I think about it. Then I'm completely awkward about it and try to shield my face or turn to the side so it's less obvious when I know I'm only making it more obvious.

5 comments:

Holly Grant said...

Thanks Heather. That was a great list. I was getting paranoid that everyone was going to hate me for tagging them after Taylor's hateful response!
BTW-I DO have a public pooping phobia yet I always seem to have to poop when I run too!! I get over it and poop in public when that's the case because really, I have no choice. Running seems to drop the poop to a concerning level in the intestines!

The Raymond Family said...

Heather...you crack me up! I love reading your blog! I'm a compulsive email checker myself! :)

suetmom said...

Great random facts! Not sure where the door thing originated from....we didn't cause that, I'm certain.

I feel sure that the redness thing is a family trait....from MY family. I remember my mom complaining about that!

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I think the redness is on both sides of the family. I have it but it seems to have gotten better with age. So when you are 57....

Shauna said...

1. I will poop anywhere too.
2. Why has Linda stopped commenting on my blog but she still does on everyone elses??