Monday, August 18, 2008

Beach volleyball is the reason I'm blogging

Because I'm tired of watching it, give me Track and Field, Diving, whatever, just no more volleyball! I love having a reason to sit in front of the TV for long periods of time and something that only happens every 4 years is a pretty big reason.

I didn't have the best week last week with the mammogram (which came out OK, I have some calcification in my right breast that they are going to keep an eye on but nothing serious), the cat incident and starting school back I was worn a little thin by the end of the week. The event that topped it all off happened on Saturday morning. I was getting ready to do my 8 mile run at before the crack of dawn o'clock in the morning when I decided I needed to use the potty before we got started. So I make my way over to the port o potty and suddenly wondered why I could see the sky? and a millisecond later I was flat on the ground. I had no idea I was falling until my body collided with the cement, it was terrific. Two people saw me which was two more than the last time I fell in high school while trying to jump over a foot high chain going to a baseball game. I went to the trainer's room to get cleaned up and lied that I had done it on the tennis court, I don't think they believed me since there was gravel all up in my wound and no gravel tennis courts exist that I know of. Well I picked myself up off the ground made sure everything was still attached and could move, got cleaned up with the Luke's first aid kit and then ran 8 miles. You might think I'm pretty tough but with all the whining and sighing and groaning I did the next day I think I might not be a tough as I thought. I mean did you know your muscles get sore when you fall? That abrasions hurt in the middle of the night? That skin hurts even though there isn't a visible scrape or cut? Me neither! And you know if I had a really good story of bravery or heroism to tell to go along with me injury it would totally be OK, all I've got is a fall on the way to the john!

I'm a little sad tonight about school. I don;t like to write a lot about work on my blog but I really need some therapy. I LOVE my new job, the people I work with are fabulous, my school is nice. I guess I miss familiarity, I miss the faces I've seen in the halls for the past few years, I miss the neat things my AP does for in service, I miss Laura one of my best school friends. I know things are only going to get better the longer I work at the FAA, I'm just a little sad tonight remembering all the good parts of my old school.

5 comments:

The Duddington Family said...

I couldn't help but laugh out loud on this one. :o) Your school year will get better and easier as you get more acquainted. I will keep you in my thoughts. ~Jenn

Tricia said...

I also laughed out loud at your story! I just wish I could of been there because I know I would have wet my pants laughing.
I will keep you in my prayers about school. Jenn is right that is will be better, but I also know how hard it can be right now.
And Amen to the volleyball, move to something different!

Anonymous said...

Aw Heather, I'm sorry you are sad. Surely you will make new friends and I hope they become as important in your life as your old friends. Maybe you could wear a sign that says "Friend needed - apply within". Or "I'm a friend - are you?" Oh my, there are so many signs you could wear, I think I'll stop now.

Holly Grant said...

Falling is always funny. If I had been one of those two people who saw you fall, I would of had to laugh right there in your face. No offense. I once fell down the stairs of my apartment complex and my purse fell open and everything fell out. This guy walked by me, gave me this look like he thought I was the biggest idiot and kept on walking.

Joni said...

you crack me up! but a little part of me thinks you deserve it since you get up to run 8 miles. I mean is that really natural:) jk