Thursday, December 06, 2007

Maybe my stomach will get flatter

I went and had MORE allergy testing done yesterday, it was a food allergy test. Here is a list of all the dreck I'm allergic to:

4 (the highest level):
Lamb I'm so disappointed we eat Lamb at least 2 times a weeks (NOT)
Mushrooms fine, I hate them anyway
Broccoli OK I really like broccoli

3:
Rye, no dark brown bread for me
Hazelnut

2:
Turkey Meat
Egg
Apricot
Strawberry
CHOCOLATE
Watermelon
Cinnamon
Coffee
Pecan
Brazil nut
Cashews
English Walnut

So, I'm supposed to not eat these foods for a month. Chocolate. Coffee. Cinnamon. I'm totally mourning Starbucks right now. No Cinnamon Dolce Latte. So, my request is that if you're going to be with me over the Holidays, make me something for dessert I can actually eat.


I am totally going to become one of "those people" that are all "So, what kind of nuts are in this cake?" "Are those mushrooms" "Is that cinnamon sprinkled on those cookies?" and "did lamb touch that chicken?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the old days - it probably isn't still like this - you could still eat foods you were allergic to. You were supposed to rotate them. If you had coffee today, don't have it tomorrow. This way you could figure out that maybe you could have coffee every other day and it wouldn't bother you. But maybe only once a week. Hmmm, the old days.

Shauna said...

Ok - so with all of these food allergies - what happens to you when you eat them???? I am sure you have been eating them most of your life. Especially eggs and such. Maybe you could just stop eating all together and get a permanent IV bag or something. Wear it on your hip.

Shauna said...

I was totally about to say what crescenet said.

robin said...

OMG that stinks! Well..you'll just have to learn to like being sick....who lives without coffee????

Anonymous said...

Did you tell Jonathan that you're allergic to nuts? I'm sure that will break his heart.