Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I think I amost died last night...

I have felt SO cooped up lately! I just don't have enough opportunities to exercise lately with all the holiday business and cold weather. So last night I declared I was taking a walk and headed out the door. On the way back home I went down a street I don't usually go down to make my walk a little longer. Well, when I turned the corner I saw two dogs in a front yard. I was a little suspicious but I went on the other side of the street and got on the sidewalk. I squinted hard to see where they were and saw one dog, he looked at me but didn't do anything. I couldn't put my eyes on that second dog, then, out of nowhere, he was about three feet from barking like I'd just entered his private territory. My instincts kicked in and I shouted NO as loud as I could. Thanks for teaching me to yell at stray dogs Dad! However, he continued to bark and growl and snap at me. By now I was thinking about what I would do if he tried to bite me. I looked around to see if anyone was outside and kept my limbs as close to my body as I could. I decided if he attacked me I would scream and roll up in a ball so I could protect my head and vital organs. As soon as I decided what to do his barking slowed a little and a couple of seconds later he trotted off, obviously satisfied he had scared me to death. I tentatively walked a few steps to see if he was going to follow me and he didn't. A guy was walking down his drive way as I turned to walk off, I think he was coming to see what all the racket was about. Anyway I walked the rest of the way home sneaking peeks over my shoulder to make sure no mean dogs were following me home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can usually ride my bike faster than a dog, but I couldn't outrun a dog who had 3 legs.

Shauna said...

I had a similar situation a year or two ago! Very scary!!! Dogs freak me out! Our dog even freaks me out sometimes - I wonder if she is going to snap and turn on me when I am trying to get her to go outside!

Anonymous said...

Oh my - you could have been eaten by a dog!