Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kicking Butt and Taking Names

If I told you I had begun a new workout program this week you might think this is what I would be saying, but it isn't.

The title of this post is what P90X is doing to me. Let me tell you guys something: it's hard. Really hard. I've caught myself talking to the television several times saying things like "you've got to be kidding me" and "jeez" and my personal favorite "son of a bitch".

This is a 12 disc program that takes 13 weeks to complete. You have to take before pictures and take all these measurements, do the 13 weeks and then do all the tests and measurements again and see how far you've come. I'm totally pumped about it for lots of reasons. First, it tells you exactly which workout to do on what day. I love that because, I don't have to make stuff up myself. I love being able to workout at home and not have to leave the kids to go to the gym. And I LOVE that it's hard as hell! I complain a little but I'm smiling inside because I know I'd never push my own self that hard and I know if it hurts I'm going to have to see some results.
I'll keep everyone updated periodically on how it's going, if my arms aren't too sore to type.

3 comments:

suetmom said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

It's a great test to do things when the only motivation is you and the only one you have to be accountable to is you. At the end you can have that sense of real accomplishment.

Holly Grant said...

I just looked it up on amazon.com and it said its $200.00!??? I don't know that my ass is worth $200.00.