Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh back to school, back to school...

With school starting soon and Laine being in Kindergarten, Jonathna and I decided that she needed a little more responsibility in the morning routine. Here is what I have come up with because I don't want to be the mother of a child who cannot get herself up out of bed in the morning. I took pictures of all the things she needs to do the morning before we get in the car. Hopefully, I'm going to mount then to poster board and put a copy in her bedroom and in the bathroom. Here they are:

So hopefully it will work like this: Get up, go tee tee, brush teeth, get dressed and the time that is lef tcan be used to watch cartoons. Somewhere in there I need to fix her hair, maybe I can meet her in the bathroom and do it then. This is so important to me, I want to raise my children to be self-motivated not mom is finally really mad so I better do it motivated. I can't wait to see how it's going to work!

3 comments:

robin said...

GO Laine go!!!! I hope it works...it will help your morning a lot!

Anonymous said...

I hope it works! There is nothing worse than starting your morning off screaming at your child because she won't get ready. Then you get to work and settle in and wonder what the hell that was all about.

Shauna said...

that is such a brilliant idea!! I just might steal it.