Monday, August 21, 2006

Bowen McSpecial Pants




OK So I happened to see our Speech Pathologist in the hall last week and casually asked her about Bowen's speech progress. I told her that he is now 15 1/2 months old and says no words. I also told her that he doesn't try to mimic words we say either. I really thought she was going to blow me off and tell me what everyone else has..."he's fine, he'll talk when he's ready". However, she didn't. She gave me a article on what he should be doing developmentally for 12-17 months old, he aced everything but the speech part. She also gave me a number to call for Early Childhood Intervention. So I called them, a very helpful lady called me back today and we have our first appointment for paperwork next Wednesday. She and a Speech Pathologist will evaluate him and if he is 4 months delayed he is eligible for ECI services. You know, I'm not really worried about the boy, he's so smart that if he does need services from them I know he'll catch on quickly. He's doing so much better when I drop him off, no crying and he reaches for his teachers! In the meantime, he is as cute as he can be and totally knows it.
,

4 comments:

Shauna said...

We are going to see a speech pathologist for Chase too! I am glad to know that your kids run around with naked hinies too!

robin said...

Yeah! Bowen has dimples on his butt like his cousin Robin! :)

Bowen's a smart kid, he takes after his mom, he'll be fine!

Anonymous said...

I hope the speech pathologist helps him - I know they sure helped your cousin Wobin.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that when Bowen and I are alone, he says all kinds of things. We talk about life, poetry, global warming, and sports. He wanted me to tell you that you are a great mom, he loves pooping his pants, and his favorite uncle is me...well, we all already knew that though. Don't worry...he's a stud!